Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What'd You Do Today?

We've all had that conversation with our kids. You excitedly pick your child up from the carpool line and the first question you ask is "What do you do at school today?" The answer most often is "Nothing."

Why do they do that? You've been gone from them all day and you just want to hear what they did all day. But they just finished a long day at school and they're ready to not be in school mode. Pushing and saying "C'mon, you had to have done something! What'd you do today?" is only going to produce an irritated "NOTHING!" in reply.

Instead of launching into questions at pick up, it's a good idea to give your child a little bit to decompress. When you get home from work, the last thing you want to talk about is work. Your kid is the same way.

Wait until dinner time or when you have a quiet moment to ask, but don't just ask what they did today. If you asked me what I did today, I'd stare blankly and try to figure out which part you want me to tell you. Help them out by focusing on one thing. My go to is "What was your favorite part of school today?" Sometimes this doesn't work and my son just tells me he liked recess the best. You can also focus on one part of the day, such as asking about what book was read in class or what they did in science.

Getting kids to open up can be difficult at first, but it's an important habit to start with your child.

2 comments:

  1. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please everyone need to read this
    Some time things you don’t believe can just happen.
    My name is Mr Phillip from canada am 52 years old i got married
    at the age of 36 i have only one child and i was living happily .After sixteen
    year of my marriage my wife behavior became so strange and i don’t
    really understand what was going on, she packed out of the house to another
    man i love her so much that i never dream of losing her, i try my
    possible best to make sure that my wife get back to me but all to no
    avail i cry and i cry seeking for help i discussed it with my best friend
    and he promise to help me of a SPIRITUAL SPELL CASTER called dr Fulfilment,he
    is a very great man and a real man that can be trusted and there is nothing
    concerning love issues he cannot do that is why they call him the great
    fulfilment And i told him everything that
    happen all he told me is that i should not worry that all my problems will
    be solved immediately. He told me what to do to get my wife back and i
    did, he said after 3 days my wife will come back to me and start
    begging, it really happen i was very surprise and very, very happy our
    relationship is very tight and we both live happily again.
    So my friends if you have any issues and you need the help of a real spell
    caster please try to contact this same email address (
    fulfimenttemple@gmail.com
    HE FIX THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS TO ALL
    ACROSS THE GLOBE ON:
    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Spiritual bulletproof
    3. Training
    4. Money spell
    5. Long life spell
    6. Prosperity spell
    7. Protection spell
    8. Get a job spell
    9. Becoming a manager spell
    10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
    11. Getting your scam money back
    12. Child spell
    13. Pregnancy spell
    14. Freedom spell
    15. Love spell
    16, vanishing spell
    17. Invisible human spell
    18. Success or pass spell
    19. Marriage spell
    20. Avenging spell
    21. Popularity spell
    22. Cancer spell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...