Monday, April 11, 2011

Great Find: In With a Bang!

Today was the first day back from Spring Break. As I predicted, my kids were less than enthusiastic. Many of them failed to get to bed before midnight and it showed.

The last unit on the trimester schedule is open for literary choices. As I like to read a novel during this time, I picked The Hunger Games to read. We did our introduction for the book today and I found a great YouTube video to show them. The video is a compilation of several videos put together by a student for their English class.


The kids loved it. As we ran out of time in class, most of my students were begging me to go ahead and pass out the books so we could get started. I've never been more tickled than I was today with my kids so excited about a book! I hope their enthusiasm keeps up as we read the whole book. I'm definitely looking forward to discussing the book with them.

Who knows, maybe we can see which one of my kids can make the best book trailer!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to have them make book trailers, Animoto is a great program for that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...