Friday, March 4, 2011

I Have a New Principal

More than an hour after school let out, I received an email from my current principal. A new principal has been chosen for our school.

Officially he starts on July 1st. However, he is going to be present for our interviews starting on Monday. I'm sure he's a very nice man. I don't know anything about him, but he can't be evil incarnate. I have to remember he is not from the audit. He's moving around just like everyone else. He did not choose to oust my current principal. He is not the bad guy. He is coming to help us. He may not be my old principal, but different isn't always a bad thing.

I find that my confidence in my interview is waning. Now I'm just one of the many new faces he will see. I hope that I can make a good enough impression and show how good a teacher I am in the ten minutes I am allotted to prove it to him. If not, well, there are worse things in this world.

By next Saturday, I'll know one way or another. A letter will be sent to us and we'll find out on Saturday. We get a letter whether we are overstaffed or not. Hopefully my letter says not. I just don't know what to hope for because saving me means that some of my friends will be sacrificed. This is a horrible situation.

My students have been wonderful through this process and I told them so. I told them yesterday about the interviews starting on Monday. Today, as each left, they wished me good luck on my interview. They remembered that my interview was on Monday and they wouldn't see me before the interview. I let them know that I've really appreciated their support through this entire process. Sometimes it's easy to forget that students have an intuition for their teacher's feelings. I'm glad my students care enough about me to want to help me.

2 comments:

  1. no, Evil Incarnate would be mine:)

    if you are "overstaffed" what does that mean, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck in your interview. I wonder how they hope to make important decisions based on a ten minute interview. . .?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...