Thursday, February 24, 2011

Working Out with Students: More Fun Than You'd Think!

Some teachers in my building are still doing the Insanity Workout. One of the teachers is the track coach, so he thought he'd bring the track team to workout with us.

You know what's hard for everyone in school buildings to remember? Teachers, and students, are humans. We do human things. We have human emotions. So often I'm so focused on the learning of my students that I forget that they have a life outside of school. They behave differently outside of class. They may be teenagers, but they are still people.

Today was fun for a variety of reasons, the least of which was the workout. The workout was awful. I had a horrible urge to destroy the disc containing today's workout. No, the enjoyable part was hating it right along with the students. Some of them were my students a couple years ago. It was fun to laugh and joke with them while we poured our sweat all over the room.

Having the students there was also great motivation. Some crazy kid was jumping like four feet in the air for jumping jacks. It's hard to slack off when you've got that next to you! It also made me fee pretty successful when I was running longer than some of the teenagers!

I hope the kids come to work out with us more often. It's nice to be on the same side for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...