Thursday, February 3, 2011

What Did I Get Myself Into?

Our school has a great Junior Reserved Officer Training Corps program, as a lot of schools in our area do. They do a lot of great exercise and recently completed the P90X program. They started a new program and one of the ROTC teachers wanted to know if any teachers would be interested in joining an after school exercise group doing that program.  Me? I love exercise. I didn't always, but I do now! And I'm running a mini marathon in April, so training can't hurt, right? I said sure and went on my merry way thinking this was going to be a piece of cake after sweating it out to Jillian Michaels.

I was wrong. I just looked up this program, which I had never heard of it. It's called Insanity. It appears aptly named. It looks intense! Now, I know what you're thinking. "Just back out! No one will think less of you!"

Only I told my students all day long that I was going to join that Insanity group. Now I have to do it. I have to follow through. I can't pretend to do it, because they'll know. They always know when you're lying. So I'll stick by my word like a good teacher and show my kids that when I sign up for something, I follow through. Sometimes being a good role model is hard. Sometimes being a good role model involves a lot of sweating. I believe this experience of good being a role model will involve a lot of crying and asking "When, God?! When is it OVER?!"

On the plus side, maybe this will make me brave enough to try to get in the middle of a girl fight if I need to. No. I still don't think so. Muscles mean nothing in a girl fight.

1 comment:

  1. P90X is a complete, I hope you don't mind my saying, bitch. Much, much more difficult than Jillian. But you can do it! I admire you for trying :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...