Thursday, December 16, 2010

We're Out Again

Winter Break began early for our district. It appears Wednesday was our last school day before January. Some might rejoice at the idea of an extended vacation. I'll admit to being a bit pleased that I don't have to wake up early tomorrow. However, the problem is that midterms were supposed to be today and tomorrow.

Now midterms are scheduled for the day we return. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to give my midterms that day. It just doesn't seem quite fair. See, the two days we were actually in school this week were review days for me. We practiced for the District Assessment that would be their midterm. Now they'll have two and a half weeks to forget everything we reviewed. I'll have to catch them back up to where we were before even trying to give the assessment.

We also now have three days added onto the end of the school year. We're creeping closer and closer to June. I know I should be grateful. Not many professions get out for bad weather. Those that do usually don't get paid the same if they are let out. 

Eventually I'll start planning for the return in January, but not quite yet. For now, I'll enjoy my days off with my son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...